Saturday, February 7, 2009

Finally some good news

This snow is almost gone!

She said:

I had some really good news today. Just received a copy of my latest blood testing results. My cholesterol is finally within normal ranges. I have been on a cholesterol lowering drug for three months now and I also have been trying to follow a low fat diet. For the past six weeks I have also tried to eliminate animal fats and sugar from my diet. That has helped to get my triglycerides down to almost normal range. On top of that I have been on a brisk walking program, mostly 4 miles a day. So I think I will continue doing what I am doing because it seems to be working well.

One thing that is puzzling us is that I haven't lost any weight. I could stand to lose about 50 pounds and not miss it! So perhaps I will need to do something else to get those scales to go down. About the only thing left to do is cut my portions more. I try not to take seconds and I try to stop when I feel full. But I think I will need to restrict my portions to see any headway in weight loss. Hubby just can't understand why I am not loosing weight, especially with all my activity.

No comments: